Type EF81 is an electric locomotive that appeared in 1968 and supports 50Hz DC/AC and 60Hz AC.
At the time Hokutosei was in operation, Type EF81, which belonged to JR East's Tabata driving station, was responsible for towing the sleeper limited express train.
In addition to being mainly active in towing "Hokutosei", it was also active in towing "Akebono" and "Hakutsuru" for a while.
In 2010, when the EF510 type 500th generation appeared, I handed over the role of towing the "Hokutosei".
Since the EF510 type 500th generation that replaced the same series was transferred to JR Freight by 2016 due to the abolition of Hokutosei etc., it is currently mainly active in towing "Cassiopeia".
- Reproduce the EF81 type that was active in towing the Hokutosei with a shooting star on the side of the car body
- The license plate is newly manufactured with a shape that does not leave a cut end and comes with separate parts [EF81-80/82/98/100].
- Cab see-through expression
- H rubber is reproduced in black
- JR mark is printed
- Wireless antenna is installed
- Front handrail (vertical) comes with separate parts
- Liberation lever is equipped with separate parts
- The headlight is equipped with a constantly lit board and has an ON-OFF switch.
- Headlights are lit by light bulb color LED
- Printed head mark included [Hokutosei/Cassiopeia]
- Signal flame tube and whistle are included as separate parts
- Adoption of power with flywheel
- Wheel with plate wheel center
- Dummy coupler and self-connected TN coupler included
- M-13 motor adoption