The KIHA 40-1700 series is a vehicle with further life extension measures for the 700 series, which is a one-man version of the 100 series, which is a vehicle for extremely cold regions.
In 2019, two KIHA 40-1700 series were remodeled as "Sanshi Suimei" series vehicles.
In order to be able to play an active role as a sightseeing train or event train, the "Sanshi Suimei" series will not only change the exterior, but also change the interior to a wood grain, install a removable table, and replace it with a roll curtain with an illustration of Shimaenaga.
- High grade (HG) specifications
- Reproduce the Kiha 40-1790 type that became the "Sanmei" and the Kiha 40-1791 type that became the "Shimizu"
-KIHA 40-1791 type reproduces the appearance that the front tie phone was removed
- The whistle on the roof of Kiha 40-1791 type is attached as a separate part
- Head / tail light, front display is equipped with a constantly lit board, with ON-OFF switch
- Head / tail lights and front display are lit by white LEDs
- The headlights are lit in a color close to the color of a light bulb by adopting a color prism.
- The front display is replaceable and has the printed parts "One-Man" installed.
- -The front display part comes with separate parts printed for replacement "group" and "temporary"
- Printed head mark included "Hana Tabi she is so"
- Car number and some notations have been printed
- Powered with flywheel
- New current collection system, black wheels adopted
- M-13 motor adopted
- TN coupler (SP) standard equipment
- Compatible with Interior Lighting Kit Tomix 0733