The 923 type is an electric track comprehensive test vehicle for the Tokaido / Sanyo Shinkansen, and was manufactured in 2000 for the purpose of running at 270 km / h and replacing the aging 922 type.
It is a 7-car train based on the 700 series, with cars 1-3 and 6 being electrical equipment measurement vehicles, car 4 being track equipment measurement vehicles, and other vehicles being meeting rooms and tour conductor rooms.
The body color is different from the general vehicles of the Tokaido Shinkansen, and it is nicknamed "Doctor Yellow" because it has blue stripes in yellow.
- A 7-car full formation can be reproduced by combining this product (cars 1, 2, 3, 7) and the <98481> extension set.
- Car number, side car number, roof car number, JR mark have been printed
- Hook / U-shaped energizing coupler adopted
- Movable hood equipment
- Head and tail lights are equipped with a constantly lit board
- Power adopted with flywheel
- New current collection system and silver wheels adopted
- M-13 motor adopted
- Compatible with Interior Lighting Kit Tomix 0733