The 475 series appeared as a 60Hz compatible specification of the 455 series, which is an AC / DC express train, and was placed in the Hokuriku and Kyushu areas.
The 475 series in the Hokuriku area has moved to local transportation due to the reduction of express trains that started at the end of the Japanese National Railways.
When diverting to local transportation, suburban remodeling was carried out, including remodeling to semi-cross seats by lengthening some seats.
After the conversion to local transportation, the 475 series in the Hokuriku area was active in the body color of Red No. 2 with a cream-colored band, but from around 1988, the body color of ivory was covered with a blue band. It was changed to the paint color.
- High grade (HG) specifications
- Reproduce the appearance of wearing two blue belts based on a white background
- Reproduce the appearance of the 1990s with a ventilator on the roof
- Of the 6 cars, 3 cars that do not include the Saha 455 type are reproduced as semi-cross seats with new production
- KUMOHA 475 type and KUHA 455 type reproduce the buried figure of the front display part
-KUMOHA 475 type and KUHA 455 type reproduce the buried figure of the operation number display part
- Reproduce the appearance that the roof pantograph side louver of Moha 474 type was removed
- The KUMOHA 475 type reproduces the jumper hose with separate parts
- Head mark "TOWN train" included
- ATS on-board child is reproduced with the attached separate parts
- H rubber is reproduced in black
- One of the Kumoha 475 type and the cab side of the Kuha 455 type are equipped with a dummy coupler.
- All cars have toilet tanks installed
- Head and tail lights are equipped with a constantly lit board and have an ON-OFF switch.
- The car number is selectable and comes with a transfer sheet
- Powered with flywheel
- New current collection system, black wheels adopted
- M-13 motor adopted
- TN coupler (SP) standard equipment