Series 251 "Superview Odoriko" (hereinafter SVO) appeared in April 1990. It consists of a double-decker vehicle and a high-decker vehicle and features a novel form that uses many bold curved surfaces.
Renovation work was carried out in December 2002, and the paint color was changed by arranging a blue belt on the ivory and blue-green two-tone colors, and facilities such as disabled facilities were changed and improved.
After more than 25 years, it continues to play an active role as a limited express train representing JR East.
-Beautifully reproduce the appearance of the appearance that was painted in light blue and gray.
-The chair in the car is also reproduced with a color similar to the actual car at the time of appearance. The No.9,10 car reproduces the seat arrangement at the time of appearance including the observation seat.
-Reproduce the waste disposal equipment under the car floor.
- Head / tail light on. The headlight uses a light bulb color LED.
- All vehicles are equipped with interior lights that use special lighting plates. The interior light is white LED.
-Various notations such as car number and ATS are printed.
- Stable driving is possible by adopting a well-established power unit.
- The KATO coupler tightly-linked type is standard equipment for the intermediate connection part.
- Destination display sticker included.