<Shooting Star Shinkansen> is a special decoration including the wishes that were solicited in advance for the 800 series on March 12, 2021 from the desire to "make the Shinkansen a shooting star and fulfill everyone's wishes", and sunset. Later, a one-way operation was carried out from Kagoshima Chuo Station to Hakata Station, and the train was operated while emitting colorful interior lighting using moving lights installed inside the train and light to the outside of the train. It was a big event involving the railway lines, such as running at low speeds, which is rare on the Shinkansen, and sometimes stopping between stations. After that, until the end of May, the moving lights were removed and the trains were operated as regular trains with special wrapping.
- Prototype after the event of U004 formation belonging to Kyushu general depot
- Both leading cars beautifully reproduce the special decoration designed with shooting stars and "wishes"
- Accurately reproduce rooftop equipment such as lightning arresters and antennas
- Head / tail lights lit
- KATO diaphragm coupler is standard equipment on the intermediate connection part
- Accessories: Insulators, destination display stickers
- Compatible with interior lighting kit Kato 11-213 (11-214)