The N700S Shinkansen is a format developed as a standard vehicle for the next-generation Shinkansen of JR Central, and started operation between Tokyo and Shin-Osaka in July 2020.
It is called "Supreme" which means the best Shinkansen train in the N700 series, and it will be the first fully remodeled train in 13 years for the Tokaido Shinkansen.
Compared to the latest model N700A, the stability, safety, comfort, and convenience have been further improved. The latest technology is incorporated, including the installation of a self-propelled system and a fully active vibration control device.
The distinctive front shape called the dual supreme wing shape with the edges on both sides of the car body, the design around the lights, and the symbol mark on the side based on gold are accurately reproduced.
In addition, KATO's original body tilting mechanism is installed to realistically reproduce the body tilting inward like the actual car.
- The prototype is the J3 organization belonging to the Tokyo Police Station Inspection Vehicle Office as of 2020.
- Realistic reproduction of the dual supreme wing shape front shape that is different from the N700A.
- Accurately reproduce the symbol mark on the side based on gold.
- Reproduce the blue band that wraps around from the side to the front, the underfloor cover with a different shape, etc.
- Equipped with KATO's original body tilting mechanism that reproduces the body tilting inward when passing a curve similar to the actual car.
- Stable running is achieved by adopting a power unit with a flywheel.
- Head / tail lights are lit (white LED is used). Reproduce the image that the left and right lights turn on with two upper and lower lights like the actual car.
- DCC friendly.
- The contents of the basic set (4 cars) can be stored together with the vehicle case of the extension set A (4 cars).
- Minimum passing radius: R315