As of 2021, Units 842 and 895 belong to the JR East Takasaki Vehicle Center, and they are active in event trains and construction (temporary construction trains). Since Unit 895 is a spare machine for the royal train, the appearance of Unit 895, which is different from Unit 842, which is decorated with silver flues and hand pickpockets, is a major feature.
- The current appearance of Unit 895 belonging to the Takasaki Branch of the Takasaki Vehicle Center is a prototype
- Reproduce the appearance that the runboard side, flue, and coupler unique to the spare machine are decorated in silver
- The vertical hand pickpockets on the side and under the door of the crew are white, and the other hand pickpockets are in silver.
- The front handrail reproduces a curved shape that is different from the main service machine No. 842
- Reproduced with a fan cover, no whistle cover, one-ended wireless antenna, and black H rubber
- Manufacturing name plate: "Mitsubishi" printed
- Accessories: Selectable license plate "888" "895", whistle, head mark "DL Gunma Yokokawa" "DL Usui", replacement knuckle coupler